There are two options to adjust your child’s level. They can either sit a placement test which will determine the best place for them to enter the program or you can manually adjust their level.
For both options please follow these steps:
- Log in at www.readingeggs.com using your email address as the username and the password you chose during registration.
- If your login automatically goes to your child’s account, you will need to log out until you reach the family dashboard.
- From the family dashboard select the child whose progress you would like to adjust.
- Choose either the Reading Eggs, Reading Eggspress or Mathseeds tab.
- Click on the ‘Redo placement test or adjust level’ link located on the right-hand side of the screen under the Mathseeds tab.
- Make sure the correct tab is selected (either Reading Eggs, Reading Eggspress or Mathseeds).
- Manually select a lesson from the drop-down menu and click ‘Change Current Lesson’ or click ‘Reset and Start Over’ to redo the placement test.
- Next time you enter the program your changes will be reflected.
Please note that by resetting the placement test, you will remove all your child’s level progress. However all golden eggs, critters, house furniture and certificates will remain.
If you're using a school-linked account, your child's levels are set by their teacher. You will need to contact your child's teacher to make level adjustments or reset the placement test.
*For further instructions on how to reset your placement test please refer to this video https://youtu.be/Krwm8dEecw4.